An absolute jewel of postwar modernist Italian architecture, this fantastic villa with its whimsical organic forms, elliptical shapes and beautiful colour schemes was designed by the architect Mario Galvani. Constructed in 1961, it is one several of Galvani’s projects within the “Torre del Mare Architectural Park”. Completely independent overlooking the sea and green hills of the famous Marine Protected Area of Bergeggi, this is an unique opportunity to acquire a property which was designed with a sensibility of the surrounding
As the Architect himself pointed out, his works are “born in symbiosis with the aesthetic morphology of the location, the light and the soil and with feelings and sentiments shared with both the client and the workers who built them”.
In 1962 the villa was showcased in a special edition of “L’Architecture d’aujourd’hui” a publication dedicated to fantastical architecture.
* The living space is on two levels, a mezzanine and first floor
* On the street level is a large garage for several cars, as well as cellars and a laundry.
* There are two broad terraces with spectacular sea views and a lovely garden on the entrance level,
which also has a wonderful panoramic view.
* From the spacious entrance the first floor opens up into a large living room overlooking the garden.
* There is a kitchen and service area and two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
* The internal helical staircase leading to the first floor is filled with natural light from above.
* On the upper floor are three additional bedrooms (one of which is a master bedroom), two bathrooms,
a hall and access to the roof terrace.
* The heating is independent with cast iron radiators and centralized air conditioning system.
* Excellent privacy and security.
Nestled between the mountains and the mediterranean sea, Bergeggi lies approximately 1,100 meters above sea level. With it’s multiple pathways leading to a wonderful beach it is also part of the Regional Natural Reserve of the Ponente Ligure which has been awarded the Blue Flag. Just off the mainland is the island of Bergeggi a suggestive limestone rock of 53 meters high. The island is a treasured destination for divers thanks to the clear blue waters and a seabed rich in marine life. Bergeggi is around 10 kilometres from Savona and 60 from Genoa and is a popular among holiday makers who appreciate it’s beauty and tranquility.",