Area – 54,000m²
Project cost – $272.3 million
The architecture of the building resembles an open book.
The library building was designed by:
- 'asp' Architekten Stuttgart
- Obermeyer Planen+Beraten Munich
- Architecture Consulting Group
The library fund includes:
More than 6 million research articles
Over 1 million print and digital books
35,000 print and digital newspapers from all over the world
Mohammed Bin Rashid Library also includes 9 specialized libraries, such as: Children's, Young Adults, Emirates Library, etc.
- Automated storage
- Electronic book retrieval system
- Self-service kiosks
- Robots to respond to visitors' inquiries